The REACH School is a creative, liberal arts school that supports the emerging child in becoming a whole person through the integration of strong academics, creative arts, and community involvement in an environment that fosters acceptance of and respect for self and others.
We are a California based charter school located near Sebastopol, CA that believes in:
- Valuing responsible behavior and treat all with respect
- Engaging in creative and cooperative learning and problem solving
- Creating a culture that fosters dignity and integrity
- Embracing community involvement and service
- Participating in cooperative/interactive relationships with families in the program
- Modeling the joy of learning as a life-long process
We have a project based learning approach that encourages involvement, participation, and problem solving.
- The projects are standards-focused in order to support accountability and valid assessment
- Problem solving requires information from investigation, research, and reasoning
- Encourages collaboration through small groups, student-led presentations, or whole-class evaluations
- Helps students to ‘know’ and ‘do’
We offer enrichment opportunities throughout the year for Art, Drama, Poetry, and numerous annual field trips to destinations local and further.
We have an independent study program that caters to students and parents wishing to merge more traditional education with home-based activities and lessons.
We offer Aftercare for all students from TK through 8 for families who need flexible hours.